NSSLGlobal provides communications support to Five Peaks Challenge for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder sufferers (27 Oct)
Tackling border security challenges through satcom (12 Sep)
NSSLGlobal Wins Best VSAT Network Solutions Provider (24 Jul)
NSSLGlobal gets on board with the Be Cyber Aware at Sea initiative (19 Jun)
NSSLGlobal makes CSR pledge by signing-up to UN Global Compact (11 Apr)
NSSLGlobal provides crucial comms lifeline to Singaporean cancer fundraiser as he attempts to conquer Everest (22 Mar)
Fostering satcom business and partnerships in Africa (13 Feb)
CommunicAsia, Singapore: NSSLGlobal makes a strong showing (1 Jun)
NSSLGlobal surveys show performance beats costs as priority for Satcom users (25 Apr)
NSSLGlobal makes CSR pledge by signing-up to UN Global Compact
11th Apr 2017
Given the growing importance of corporate social responsibility, NSSLGlobal is proud to have officially joined the United Nations Global Compact (#UNGC), the world’s largest voluntary corporate citizenship initiative. Joining #UNGC is a formal, public commitment to conduct ourselves with respect for 10 universal principles around human rights, labour standards, responsible environmental practices, and anti-corruption (see below).
Launched in 2000, #UNGC now has more than 12,500 signatories based in over 160 countries, and more than 70 Local Networks. By incorporating the Global Compact principles into strategies, policies and procedures, and establishing a culture of integrity, the UN says that companies are upholding their basic responsibilities to people and planet, and setting the stage for long-term success.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is, first and foremost, the right thing to do for any company, but as #UNGC becomes more and more recognised it will increasingly become an important criterion when businesses (with a shared commitment to CSR) source suppliers —and this will happen right across the full spectrum of sectors we operate in.
Most notably of course #UNGC will be essential for UN, government, humanitarian and NGO projects where reliable satcoms is needed to help operations run smoothly in remote locations where conventional communications are unavailable. This is a growing business area for us and we’re keen to do more to support the important work these projects do around the world.
The 10 principles of UN Global Compact that NSSLGlobal has signed up to are:
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
2. make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
4. the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
5. the effective abolition of child labour; and
6. the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
8. undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
9. encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.